Time management tips are little tidbits that help you to manage your time better. It’s true, we can never control how much time we have. But we organize what we can accomplish as it goes by.
These time management tips are the building blocks to successfully managing your time. If you start using them you are guaranteed to see some improvement in your time management.
1. Create a list for yourself. You have probably heard this one before – but do you do have a list? Order your to-do list from the most important/urgent tasks down to the low priority ones. Simply writing your to-do list down will help you prioritize the tasks in your life, you may find there are some things that just aren’t important enough to you to make the list. The key is to actually follow through – and do the things on your list!
2. Having a routine is your secret weapon to successful time management. A strong routine will keep you focused, balanced and on track. And it means your list will stay organized too!
3. Realize the difference between importance and urgency. An important task leads to achieving a goal, on the other hand, urgency is more when someone else puts the pressure on. Urgency can leave you feeling stressed and uncomfortable. An important task should always outrank urgency. Your primary goal is to do tasks that give you the best return for your time investment.
4. Pick out your time wasters. Do you “kill time” watching TV, browsing the internet, chatting on the phone, daydreaming, saying yes to everybody, saying yes to everything? All these things can affect your productivity negatively.
5. Track your time. You may want to keep a time management journal to record how you spend you time. This is better than guessing or estimating as often you will be wrong. By doing this you can work out what time of day you are most alert and productive. Schedule your work to be at these times.
I recall a friend of mine who said she admires her sister so much because of everything she can do. She’s member of the volleyball team, goes out for regular night outs with sets and sets of friends, studies hard and gets good grades, has a well-organized closet and follows her beauty routines religiously. While my friend, exhausted after coming home from work, throws herself on the bed and immediately doze off. When asked how she can maintain her kind of lifestyle, her sister replied, “Time management”.
I hope you enjoyed these time management tips. The message I am sharing is – by managing your time better you cannot lose! You will be more productive while getting to do the things that you enjoy!
Rating: 5 out of 5