MAKING WHERE YOU DREAM
COME TO WHERE YOU ALREADY LIVE!
Your ideal beach house plans might be by the beach … but you don’t necessarily have to move there. You can create that look and feel in your present home! Even if you live in the big city, if you love beach houses, you can incorporate some of the same concepts in your home to get that getaway feeling full time.
What’s the difference between beach house plans and other small house plans? Well … one is the décor within the walls. Beach homes are often furnished and decorated with a nautical theme or one that reflects the outdoor surroundings. Changing your décor is one of the easiest ways to give your home that beach house feel.
• Use shades of cream, green, tan, blue and white to mimic the natural elements of sand, water and sky. Also, vibrant blues, greens, oranges, yellows and pinks brings to mind tropical birds and flowers.
• Bathe your rooms with natural light. Remove heavy curtains and drapes and let the sun shine in! This is the kind of atmosphere beach houses are known for.
• Bring outdoor furniture inside. Seriously.Patio chairs, wicker sets and Adirondack chairs give a definite beach feel. Add cushions for comfort and a pop of color. Distressed outdoor furniture looks even moreauthentic.
• Use natural materials like leafy tropical plants and accessories made of bamboo and rattan, tofu planters and driftwood. Dishes of sand make great candle holders.
• What would a beach house be without water? Your plans can include a water feature! A bubbling fountain, an aquarium with colorful fish or an indoor pond.
• Hang a life preserver on the wall, frame aprint of a lighthouse, set an old wooden fish on the coffee table or use an old anchor as a doorstop. Second-hand stores have really nice, cheap funky things.
• How about an outdoor shower? A simple wood grate floor with a hose connected to a shower head. Both charming and practical, this can be used to rinse off garden tools, bathe the dog and give your next BBQ a unique tropical feel!
You may not be able to move your family to an oceanfront property, but you can use beach house plans to bring a bit of the beach to you. Think outside the box and do what you can with what you have. Then add in a few affordable elements that really focus on the beach feel. And, have fun!.
What home remodeling or improvements information are you looking for?. Try a local BING search of our site for your answers. The search box is in the right column, just enter your search term & CLICK!.
… for any questions, concerns or problems on a remodeling or landscaping project, just click the carpenter’s pencil above. We’ll get back to you within 48 hours with solutions or advice on where to get solutions.
We never charge for help or advice!.
Rating: 5 out of 5