Perhaps you are a contemporary style decorating kind of person if you’re a right now, modern, up to the minute, tech-smart individual, drawn to clean lines, simplicity, texture and subtle sophistication.
Is your color palette neutrals, black and whites with bold, bright accents? Hmmm, you could be.
By focusing on color, space, and shape, contemporary interiors are sleek and fresh. The color range is often enhanced and accented with bright and bold color.
Black is used primarily to define a room. Walls painted in a basic neutral or off-white will serve as a backdrop for bold, textured colored accessories.
Regardless of the colors, textures or shape, line is the most distinctive element of a contemporary style decorating design. The bare space on walls, between pieces of furniture, and above in upper areas, becomes as important as the areas filled with objects. Clean, smooth, sleek geometric shapes without curves or decoration. Couches, chairs, and ottomans all will have exposed legs, and beds will not have skirts, trim, fringe, or tassels.
Plants, especially those with big, floppy leaves or fern-like appendages, should be large and dramatic in simple containers. If possible, place floor lights pointed toward the ceiling directed through the plant casting shadows on the upper walls and ceiling.
What home remodeling or improvements information are you looking for?. Try a local BING search of our site for your answers. The search box is in the right column, just enter your search term & CLICK!.
* Linear and Sleek
* A Bold Statement of you
* Basic, Bare and Structural
* Illuminated with Artistically Influenced Directional Lighting
* Filled With Stone, Glass and Metal
* Devoid of Frills, Clutter and Busy Prints
* A Comfortable Mix of Furniture, Art and Open Space
But don’t get all wrapped up in the words. Its your life and its your home. Many of the treasures you have could be easily incorporated into this style by simply keeping this in mind; “All things in moderation.” And, remember that your whole house need not be one style.
If you’re married, and your mate is strongly into antiques, have a few placed in the common areas (living room, dining, hallway, etc.) and set aside a room or space to really showcase the most valuable ones. If you have a humorous side, mix in that merry-go-round horse or funky coffee table along with the clean lines and drama! In other words, be you.
Finally, even if you choose to be a purist, its not all about straight lines. A mix of horizontal line and gentle curves in a painting, fabric or even floor treatment might not only work well, but be the “glue” that holds all those lines together!
Is Your Home Dressed To Impress?
If you have lived in your home for any amount of time, you are probably ready for a change around. Your home is your haven, so you must make it reflect you and your personality. If you aren’t sure how to do that, follow these interior design tips to help you!:
* Figure out what you want the focal point of the room to be. This is going to be one thing that the room is going to center around. It can be a window, a desk, a piece of artwork – whatever you’d like it to be. Once you know what your focal point is, you can arrange the room so that it compliments that focal point.
* When you are getting ready to paint a room, paint just a portion of a wall first, and wait a few days before you decide. You can avoid the hassle and added cost of re-painting a poor color choice by seeing how you feel about it after a couple of days.
* Are you trying to find a heirloom dining room table for that area of your house? If this is the case, you should find the one that will be treasured and also work in your dining space. The materials it is made of, color it is stained, and the sizes are all key points in your purchase.
* You do not have to spend a lot of money on a coffee table. Instead buy a cheap one and make it look expensive by adding some nice accessories. Some large coffee table books and some cut flowers can be an expensive looking addition to any living room area.
* Get creative. Even if you don’t consider yourself a great artist, you can make a wonderful collection of art. Draw a symbol or an abstract piece on a piece of drawing paper. It doesn’t have to be that big. Put it in a high quality frame. If you want really do something nice, create 3 or 4 drawings and frame them all together.
* If you have a small bedroom, and you would like more room, it would be wise to install built-in cabinets or closets. In addition to getting more storage space, you can avoid having too much furniture in your room. Just be sure that whatever kind of cabinets or closets you put in match the rest of the bedroom.
* It can be difficult to decorate a basement because you cannot possibly imagine what you could do in such a dark and gloomy place. If you use some brighter colors and fabrics, you can turn your dark, damp, depressing basement into a place where you will want to spend time with your family.
… for any questions, concerns or problems on a remodeling or landscaping project, just click the carpenter’s pencil above. We’ll get back to you within 48 hours with solutions or advice on where to get solutions.
We never charge for help or advice!.
Rating: 4 out of 5