DOES A CASUAL STYLE REFLECT THE REAL YOU?
A Casual style, or decorating cottage style, shabby chic or American country, means simple details, texture in fabrics and accessories, restful horizontal lines, soft upholstery, low-luster surfaces and arrangements that avoid symmetry.
Simple details and soft, curved or rectangular elements can make rooms feel more comfortable.
Besides Shabby Chic and Cottage, Rustic and French Country come to mind when thinking of cottage style. But, many other styles can be “casualized.”
Overstuffed and oversized furniture, with pleats, ruffles, cording, buttons and soft fabrics in navy, rust, olive or forest green give it a base, while wine and cranberry, used as accents, give it a warmer feel. Also, Tables are chunky and large, providing space for storage and spreading out.
Artwork of country and casual themes is simply framed using wood, either painted or stained. Almost anything you have around the house becomes an accessory and low maintenance plants (or fabric plants) are just fine. It just feels natural.
Light fixtures could be made of wrought iron, tin, pewter, brushed nickel or other “softer” materials. You prefer softer lights, too. Floors in a casual decor style are hardwood, tile, stone, or (believe it or not) stained concrete. If carpet or area rugs are used, they can not be too plush. Use Berber, long shaggy styles, sisal or subtle geometric woven patterns.
In Summary, Decorating Country Style (Casual) means:
• Comfortable, Welcoming, and Sturdy
• Soft and Textured
• Horizontal, Overstuffed, Oversized
• Aged and Rustic
• Slightly Whimsical
Matched pieces are not required, as the focus is on easy!.
What home remodeling or improvements information are you looking for?. Try a local BING search of our site for your answers. The search box is in the right column, just enter your search term & CLICK!.
How To Be A Better Interior Designer
Have you ever wanted to make your home more beautiful? If you are like most people, you have. Changing your home is not as hard as you think. In fact, there are many things you can do to change your home that are inexpensive and easy. Here are some design tips to help you:
* When designing the interior of any room in the home, be sure that everything matches. Have you ever walked into a room with brown furniture, green curtains, and a blue rug? It is very tacky! Match everything in the room as best you can, from the furniture to the wall color to the carpet color.
* A good interior design tip is to realize how important a frame is to a painting or piece of art that you’d like to hang. The average person will probably just grab any old frame but there are some that are more appropriate for situations. You can never really go wrong with a gold frame.
* Most people will simply leave their ceilings white. But why should you? Consider painting the ceiling with a nice, pale color to add another dimension to the room. A pale blue ceiling can add a nice touch of color to the room without damaging the mood of the room.
* One key tip with regards to interior design is to make sure your room has a focal point. Whether it is a fireplace, piece of furniture or whatever you desire, it is important to have one point in which the entire room revolves around so that whatever item you choose is the highlight of the room.
* When focusing on interior design, you have to make sure that you are thinking about a certain focus. You want the decorating to be thematic. While eclectic is part of design as well, interior design as a profession is more focused on themes. Make sure you think and plan ahead of time.
* Start with a fresh coat of paint. Paint is inexpensive and can make a big change to a room in just a few hours. Go to your local home store and get swatches. Then, come home and imagine what each swatch would look like, and how it would blend with the furniture and other rooms in your home. Choose one and see how different your room looks!
* Incorporate bright colors into your home to set a very light mood for your friends, family and guests. You can do this by placing a bright sofa or pillows in your living room. These can be any size that you would like and in any color to match your particular space.
* Whenever taking on an interior-design project on a very small room, it might be a good idea to install a sheet mirror for one of the walls. This gives the appearance that your room is actually twice as big as it really is, which can greatly enhance the look of the room.
… for any questions, concerns or problems on a remodeling or landscaping project, just click the carpenter’s pencil above. We’ll get back to you within 48 hours with solutions or advice on where to get solutions.
We never charge for help or advice!.
Rating: 5 out of 5