To Help Improve Your Home
So You Can Enjoy the Rewards
Feng shui rules, as applicable to decorating your home, office or living space, have become a bit of a buzz word in recent years. Lots of people are looking for ways to incorporate feng shui tips into their decorating or remodeling projects. If you do a search online, you’re likely to find multiple definitions of “feng shui rules,” but there are some basic ideas that ultimately summarize the concept.
Clutter and excess are totally contrary to the concept of feng shui. If simplicity sounds attractive to you, keep on reading to learn six simple feng shui rules you can apply to your project.
1. Chi must be allowed to flow freely. Chi refers to the ancient Chinese concept that teaches that all things are created from and have their own natural energy. This energy is constantly being exchanged and flowing about through space. We can attract and improve the flow of positive energy in our lives by keeping our environment simple and clutter free.
2. Remove anything that doesn’t have a purpose or generate positive energy for you. Living spaces built or decorated according to feng shui rules are streamlined, functional, and peaceful. They don’t include anything that can become an obstacle to the free flow of movement, air, or energy within the space. In some ways it takes a very minimalist approach.
3. Separate your spaces according to purpose. Specifically, work and rest areas should be distinctively separate and should not cross over into one another. For example, keep all work-related materials, paperwork, etc., out of the bedroom. Don’t use a corner of your bedroom for your computer and desk or workspace. You will never rest properly even when you sleep when you are surrounded by objects normally associated with stress or stressful activities.
4. Be very aware of your environment. Look around you and consciously think about the placement of furnishings. Rearrange them to provide for an open flow of chi and remove anything that is an obstacle. As a general rule, place furnishings where you see peaceful and inviting things when you come in, rise in the morning or want to relax. If anything creates uncomfortable feelings, get rid of it.
5. Use calm, relaxing colors in your living space. Blues, greens, and white, for example, are calming colors. Avoid bright, energy intensive colors like red, orange, and hot pink that get your heart racing and increase your blood pressure-unless you are using them deliberately to attract a particular energy attribute to a specific space. For instance, red accents can provide energy, passion, and drive to achieve great things when placed effectively in your office..
6. Incorporate natural elements like water and earth elements into your décor. Use the real thing rather than imitation products. For instance, add a soothing water fountain for the tranquil sound of streaming water. Real plants rather than silk or fake plants. Use natural stones, grasses, and moss. Nature is an important source of energy in life and should be incorporated.
The term “feng shui” actually means “wind water” in Chinese, which embrace nature and natural positive energy. Surround yourself with positive energy and keep that energy-or chi as it is called-in all areas of your life.
So open yourself up to the chi when it comes your way. Embrace these simple feng shui rules that can help improve your living space. And enjoy the rewards of a very feng shui space.
… for any questions, concerns or problems on a remodeling or landscaping project, just click the carpenter’s pencil above. We’ll get back to you within 48 hours with solutions or advice on where to get solutions.
We never charge for help or advice!.
Rating: 3 out of 5