For Health & Harmony
There is no try,
There is only do or not do.
Below are some feng shui tips that you can do for free, or next to free, to help you take that first step on your feng shui journey. These, if implemented, may even give you refreshed energy and confidence. In fact, keep these simple things in mind and you may be more likely to gravitate toward those things that benefit and avoid those that inhibit.
INSIDE YOUR HOME
• Be aware of the traffic flow and balance of the furnishings as you view the room from several angles. Remember, cramped feelings can restrict certain other emotions and feelings.
• Live plants (not silk) should be in as many rooms as possible and ones with round leaves (like coins), add an element of wealth. No dead plants or flowers, and no flowers or live fish in the bedroom or in the kitchen.
• Use mirrors to expand the appearance of a room.
• Clean out and straighten up your closets and drawers! Clutter is your enemy.
• Play calming music as much as possible instead of mindless TV or other distractions to create a more productive working or home environment.
OUTSIDE YOUR HOME
• Enter your home as often as you can by way of the front door. Its like “re-booting” your home. At least periodically walk around to the front.
• To encourage more positive and/or business mail, paint your mailbox something fun.
• Waterfalls—small decorative ones in your home-office or at the back-left of your backyard can help attract wealth.
• To create a calm sort of energy, plant flowering plants close to the front door.
Finally, do something that lifts your spirits, like placing artwork or sculpture around, bring in bright flowers or objects from the outside. Pot some flowers. Sit in the yard and do nothing. These things may give you a better outlook and improve your sensitivity to the properties of feng shui. For more, go to Feng Shui for Beginners, a series of articles on the specific properties and applications of feng shui.
Rating: 4 out of 5