1remodel480320-1

Home Renovation 101: Step-By-Step Guide To Renovating A Home

Renovating a home can be very stressful especially if you do not even know where and how to start. Whether you want to renovate your home because you want more space for the family or you simply want a more pleasant and homey sanctuary to go home to everyday, it is very important that you know the step-by-step guide to home renovation and choosing the right fashion homewares.

https://revision3.com/unboxingporn/sonys

Do the necessary preparations. It is very important that you know what you want to achieve. Even if you hire an interior designer, you should be able to convey the look that you have in mind. Check out lifestyle fashion and home magazines for pegs. Scour home décor shops and take pictures of fixtures or looks that you want to imitate. This should help you get started.

Get a back-up plan ready. Changing design only constitute 30% of the home renovation process. The remaining 70% is all about repair work. Things may be going on very smoothly during the first few weeks but there’s a huge chance that halfway through the process, the contractor will tell you that they’ve discovered something that could delay the work. Ensure that you have fallback plans if these instances arise. It is also very important that you have budget for miscellaneous expenses. You would not want to delay the renovation just because you realized that you do not have as much cash on hand.

Write things down. Aside from showing your contractor and interior designer your pegs, drawing the room layout the way you envision it will give all people concerned a clearer picture of what you want to happen. What kind of cabinets do you want for the living room? Do you want lights on the ceiling? What color of wallpaper do you favor?

Trust the professionals. Those who want to minimize expenses can opt to do away with a contractor. However, other renovation requirements like electrical wiring and plumbing need to be entrusted to professionals.

Meet everyone for pre-production. Before starting the project, find time to sit down with all the people involved – designer, contractor, etc. Go through the plan and work on the timeline as a team.

Find a temporary home. While the renovation is ongoing, find a temporary place to come home to. The whole renovation process can already be a huge burden. Avoid having to deal with firsthand stress like dust, noise, etc.

Renovating a home does not need to be as stressful as what many people think. Remember the above tips and have a smooth-sailing home renovation.

Visit us at Pink Paper Rock http://www.pinkpaperrock.com for the latest in home fashion, bargains and treasures for the home. Join our Pink Mail for the latest information on where to buy, competitions and more… It’s all at http://www.pinkpaperrock.com …we’ll put the kettle on…

Recommended Reads....


Please Share Us:
Votes 122

Rating: 4 out of 5

Site Disclaimer: This site is designed for educational purposes only, if you click on a link and make a purchase I will make a small commission. Furthermore, all videos and photos on this site are provided by 3rd parties. We take no responsibility for the content on any website which we link to, please use your own discretion while surfing the links.

Frontier Theme

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)