Choosing a good Feng Shui consultant is not the easiest task, especially for a person who does not know much about Feng Shui. There are so many options and so many people claiming to be Feng Shui experts, Feng Shui designers or Feng Shui practitioners. However, not each of these individuals might be able to provide you with a proper Feng Shui consultation. Therefore, when choosing a Feng Shui expert to consult you on you home or office design, make sure to do your homework:
- Learn where Feng Shui professionals can be found
- Learn how to choose an expert
- Decide on your goals
Where to Find a Feng Shui Consultant
The Internet is full of ads and offers from Feng Shui practitioners willing to consult you on your home or office design. However, there exist organizations where professional Feng Shui consultants are more likely to be found. Among such are:
- International Feng Shui Guild (www.ifsguild.org) – this non-profit organization unites Feng Shui practitioners who have undergone specific training and received a corresponding certification.
- International Feng Shui Association (www.intfsa.org) – an organization of Feng Shui masters from all over the world. Masters of the IFSA possess Certificates of Accreditation from the Association, which signify each practitioner’s deep knowledge of Feng Shui, its theoretical principles and practical concepts.
At the same time, it should always be remembered that a good Feng Shui consultant is not always a member of such an organization. Whether one is or is not, it is always useful to ask your potential consultant a few questions.
How to Choose a Feng Shui Professional
When choosing a Feng Shui expert it is always good to learn a representative of which Feng Shui school one is ( San He, San Yan?). Therefore, you might wish to get some information on the major Feng Shui teachings in advance, and decide which appeals to you more.
- Talking to the practitioner, ask him or her why that particular Feng Shui method is good, and what its advantages are.
- Ask how long the consultant has been practicing.
- Ask about the expert’s credentials.
- Ask for references – an experienced professional is not likely to have problems providing them.
- Make sure the practitioner can clearly answer all your questions regarding Feng Shui, its basic concepts, tools and procedures.
- Asking about the price, find out whether the consultant charges per square meter, or for a separate room, or for a consultation.
- Ask for a follow-up support – it never hurts to have an opportunity for asking a few questions after the actual consultation.
- In the course of a consultation, make sure the practitioner is able to clearly explain why one’s giving each specific recommendation.
In general, the more information you are given by the practitioner before the consultation, the better. Talk to several, compare prices, analyze attitudes and choose whom you like more. At the same time, do not forget that more expensive does not mean better. So, compare, analyze and, of course, make sure you enjoy communicating with your Feng Shui consultant.
Rating: 4 out of 5