Back to the Future in a New Green Way
Are you considering modular log cabin homes as something you might like to live in? Do you have a pioneering spirit and a twenty-first century soul? Does your heart long for the frontier but your mind craves your Ipod, modern appliances and digital toys? Well, my friend, there is hope.
Did you know that there are modular log homes being built today that are green, warm, high-tech and comfortable with the look and feel of traditional log? They’ve come a long way, baby … and there are many advantages
Don’t be put off by the word “modular” as these are built to look very much like their 19th century counterparts. You can even choose totally energy efficient windows trimmed in half logs!
Today’s modular log cabin homes are made for those that love the feel, but not the hassles and costs of other log cabin building methods. Below are a few reasons they’re so popular.
Modular Log Home Advantages
• There are fewer costs associated with the construction of log modular homes in part because you don’t need to worry about costly delays. They offer easy re-assembly from the factory and, once your foundation is ready, they go up fast and the finishing touches are put on quickly.
• Modular log cabin homes (pre-fabricated or “pre-fab”) are greener, which is why many people today are buying them. They’re completely manufactured and built in controlled factory conditions, so there is little to no building waste and they’re more energy efficient because they’re tightly sealed and insulated to meet building codes. There are no leaks or drafts generally associated with log cabins built from scratch, using traditional methods.
• You can move in quickly. In fact, they are constructed in such well-organized and structured environments that by the time the foundation is laid you may be able to call the cranes and have your new home delivered! Finishing touches can be completed on-site, and many times by the homeowner and a few sub contractors. The entire process could take only a month or so after your log modular home arrives.
• Special construction details can be added quite easily, so you can customize your log home any way you like, including the addition of such desirable features such as stone fireplaces, slate porches and covered backyard kitchens. For many people, the ability to add these customized features makes these “pre-fabs” the perfect choice.
• You can select wood from renewable resources from a variety of options, including fir, pine, cedar or spruce. Pine is the least expensive and the most popular option, while cedar tends to be more expensive. But, since you have so many choices in the modular home market, you can weigh that along with all the other considerations within your particular budget.
No matter what floor-plan, size or options you choose for your log cabin home, there are many advantages to consider. If you’re looking for an affordable, well-built, “greener” option that can be built in a short amount of time, you really need to think about modular log cabin homes!
… for any questions, concerns or problems on a remodeling or landscaping project, just click the carpenter’s pencil above. We’ll get back to you within 48 hours with solutions or advice on where to get solutions.
We never charge for help or advice!.
Rating: 5 out of 5