There are a number of ways to save money on homeowner’s insurance quotes. Before getting a home insurance quote, compare prices, improve credit scores, consider increasing deductibles and use every available discount to save money.
— The White House (@WhiteHouse) September 26, 2013
Compare Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Compare homeowners insurance quotes before buying coverage.
- Check online at insurance comparison websites to find the best deal. People who belong to a professional association or have retired may check to see what kinds of insurance discounts they can get through their club membership or through the AARP.
- Weigh consumer reviews alongside prices to get the best overall deal on a homeowners insurance quote.
- Online insurance company ratings at A.M. Best. and from other third-party rating companies can also provide information about insurance companies.
- Friends and family can also provide input into getting a homeowner’s insurance quote. Compare their comments with information available online about the companies.
Improve Credit Scores before Getting Home Insurance Quotes
Save money on homeowner’s insurance by improving a credit score. Homeowner’s insurance companies use credit scores to help determine pricing. Ordering a credit report with a credit score is a worthwhile endeavor before getting home insurance quotes. The information provided gives a good idea of what homeowner’s insurance companies see when they will run their credit report. In addition, the information will provide some unbiased input on what to do to improve credit scores. If there are late payments or other negative entries on a credit report, work to get them removed before getting home insurance quotes.
Increase Deductibles to Save Money on Homeowner’s Insurance
Increasing a homeowner’s insurance policy deductible can help families save money on their home insurance policy. Insurance agents might recommend a home insurance quote with a deductible of $500, but customers can go higher. A $1,000 deductible will save money- maybe as much as 25% annually- on the home insurance policy.
Homeowner’s Insurance Discounts
There are a number of eligible homeowner’s insurance discounts to help families save money.
- Dead bolts, burglar alarms and smoke detectors installed properly in a home can help families and individuals save as much as 5-10% on insurance.
- Save even more money on homeowner’s insurance by installing more sophisticated burglar and fire alarms- as much as 20% off of the annual premium.
- Senior citizens often get an automatic discount of 10%.
- If customers have more than one policy with the same insurance company, they can most likely get a multi-policy discount – on average, they can shave about 10% off of the homeowner’s insurance policy premium.
Discounts are often automatically added to the homeowner’s insurance policy when the policy is renewed each year.
Get more money-saving tips- learn how to save money with auto insurance discounts online now.
Rating: 5 out of 5